Ruined World II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deadly's Application

2 posters

Go down

Deadly's Application Empty Deadly's Application

Post  DeadlyInsanaty Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Out of Character
MineCraft account name:DeadlyInsanaty

Country of Residence and Time Zone:Eastern Standard

Define roleplaying in your own words, do you have any past role playing experiences?: I have a long time of XP with RPing, being on 4 different RP servers.

What is your reason for applying to this server?: I once applied for Ruined World but my computer was too crappy and wouldn't run MC so I decided put in a new app with a new character. But I want to join for a great time in a more futuristic style RP with some good people.

Have you been banned before, if so why?: No

Do you agree with our rules?:Definitely!

What is your opinion about our lore, does it need improvement?: Apart from a few minor grammar mistakes it's really in depth and awesome.

Will you use the server's official texture pack?:Yes, How could I not?

OH and Fuck yo' shit, I got a mustache!

In Character
Character name: Professor Ermat Legan

Your character's story so far: Born between 2050-2057, Ermat Legan was born to Gaspar and Maria Legan just a year before the new civilizations began to form. Gaspar was a soldier and Maria was a scientist, Ermat fell more to his mothers passion despite his fathers attempts to turn him into a soldier as well. Ermat, like his mother, had a passion for science and technology and would many times accompany her to her lab. After high school Ermat went to 2 different universities for science and technology, one run by humans, and the other run by robots. While he was in College his mother became ill and died of unknown causes leaving Ermat and his father alone, two different worlds and the two stopped talking shortly after Maria's death. Once he was out of colege Ermat was more drafted into the secret organization called the Center for Human Advanced Research for Technology, Energy and Radiation Study(or CHARTERS) where he met his first and only sweetheart, Anna Endir, who he married a few years later; together they had a daughter, Amy Legan. Shortly after the great Robotic Revolution began and Ermat's passion for his work grew even greater. His work in CHARTERS was Technological, using his passion for science to try to find a way to shut the robots down before they wiped out all human life on Earth. Another subject he was working on was Cryogenic Studies and Suspencion. He hit a major breakthrough and was starting tests and even a few prototypes right before the robot's launched their atmospheric bomb. He waited until the last possible second for his family to arrive at his secret laboratory underneath a large human bunker. They never made it and in a act of desperation or brilliance sealed the vaulted lab and got into the cryo storage prototype which he sealed for 35 years, but not before leaving behind a note and all of his research in the event of something happening to him. But when the bomb went off the computer short circuited and set the time for 350+ years instead, leaving him a long sleep, hopefully enough time for life to begin again. Unfortunately the long exposure to the machine scrambled with part of Ermat's memory giving him a sort of "locked" Amnesia when he awoke. When he did awake he managed to find his way out of the now abandoned and forgotten bunker by following the signs out and using the last stream of emergency power to open the bunker's door. Leaving him alone in a completely new world apart from the one he had left. He squinted to the light of the sun and journeyed out into the wastes to find the one thing he was missing: himself.

Does or did your character have any companions or family?: He once had one, but they are now long dead and lost to time but not to Ermat's memory.

How old is your character?: Mid 40s. (If you count his Cryo sleep he is nearly 400 years old[2054?-2448])

Describe what your character looks like, any distinctive physical features?:Just a simple man, Graying hair and beard, Piercing blue eyes, and a dirty leather coat.

How does your character act?: He is very short and too the point, not very drawn out and very suspicious of most people.

Character's occupation:He used to be a scientist but is now just another traveler of the wastes.

Does your character have an education? (Read or write) Yes, he had an extensive education at both human and robotic universities for science and technology.

Any special skills that your character has, nothing unbalanced:He is much greater intelligence than most wastelanders but is still restricted by a lack of technology, he does although have a great setback:Amnesia, locked away by continuous cryo sleep, his memories must now be unlocked year by year, month by month, week by week, and day by day.

Does your character hate or fear anything?:He holds a passionate resentment for any robots because he feels they are responsible for his families death and going out of his way to hunt them down. He also sees any species other than human, whether mutated or not, to be unnatural and so steers clear of them.

Describe an example of your character in our world, be lengthy: Ermat walked down what used to be a large road in the days before all of these wars. His dirty lab coat fluttered in the breeze and the sun beat down heavy on him as he remembered how good a cold lemonade in his hands on the back porch used to feel. He appeared to be lost in thought because he was only stirred when he tripped over a large rock in the middle of the road. He cursed himself for not noticing the rock as he got back up and continued on. Some of the landmarks that he remembered still remained; the old restaurant that he always went to for coffee before going to work, the remains of the old town square of his hometown, the name of which was probably well worn away by time; and finally the neighborhood where he grew up. All those memories suddenly coming back to him as he stood at the picket fence gate and looked around; cracked concrete, huge dirt patches, and an old tire swing still attached to a large tree by a strong chain. Ermat pushed on the gate but instead of opening, the gate simply clattered onto the stone path, he walked over it and up the stairs onto the porch of the old house;"I'm home." He slowly whispered as he turned the rusted door knob and the door opened. He looked around the hallway and walked up the stairs where he opened the door to the now faded sky blue room and he sat down on the springs of what used to be a mattress. He picked up a doll and held it up in the light, he put it to his lips and cried for what seemed like hours even though he didn't know what he was crying for. He woke up by a loud noise downstairs and jumped up, the doll not leaving his grip. He quickly snuck into what he remembered was his room and opened the closet door with a squeak. He pushed the boxes aside and felt the cold metal of a small safe. He quickly dialed in the combination and reached in. He searched around the safe until he grabbed something: A combat knife, given to him by his father. He snuck back to the door and heard a noise: squeaking, that only the stairs would make. His heart pumped and he gripped the knife like his life depended on it. The noise grew louder and he raised the knife, preparing to strike, a figure appeared at the door and he lunged at it stabbing at it over and over again until he was sure the thing was dead. He looked down at it, the thing resembled a man in some ways but its greenish skin gave a distinct look to it, and its blood stunk on Ermat's coat. He quickly stripped it of and threw it over the corpse but realized some of the blood was not the creatures, but his own! He quickly ran into the bathroom where he checked in the mirror, a large gash in his side. He stripped off the ripped skirt, reached under the sink, and pulled out an old aid kit which he lathered a disgusting paste over the wound, he grunted with the pain and slammed his fist into the mirror, breaking it upon contact. He then bandaged the wound and returned to the closet where he quickly pulled out an old leather jacket, shirt, and boots and pulled them on, strapping the knife to his belt and grabbing a backpack that he threw the doll into, he ran down the stairs and into what was the kitchen where he grabbed some supplies and threw them into his pack except for a picture he had pulled off the wall. He stared at it for some time, remembering his beautiful wife and daughter, the faces that had haunted his dreams for nearly 400 years before collapsing on the floor a crying once again out of both physical and emotional pain. After he stopped crying he put the picture into his back pocket and walked out of the door and into the cold night of this new world he was living in: the wasteland.

Provide an image of your character's skin: Once I am allowed to post a URL I will put up my skin.
https://servimg.com/view/17362079/4

Last edited by DeadlyInsanaty on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:07 am; edited 3 times in total

DeadlyInsanaty

Back to top Go down

Deadly's Application Empty Re: Deadly's Application

Post  Black_Doom Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:02 pm

DeadlyInsanaty wrote:
MineCraft account name:DeadlyInsanaty

Character name: Professor Ermat Legan

- *Snicker* *Snack* this is how I cut my apps -

Nice...Nice...ok so you have you prereqs out in order and that you claim that you have someone waiting on the other side to tag along with and work with. You got our tag line listed in so that means you of course read the rules, and from the next part I also can tell you read into the lore.

Your character's back story seems alright and contains in reasonable lengths with our server's lore.

Now the part where I saw a problem was that you had not followed what was asked of the application with the part that we asked to give and RP example in the reference of "Describe an example of your character in great suffering and pain (RP)". You gave us something else then that and sorry to say we will need you to re-submit your application with that necessary change.

Final part which is an easy cure is to just post the link of the skin that you will be using if you can't post on here yet. That is all I have for now and I hope that you will re-enter your application with the changes necessary for passing.

DENIED
Black_Doom
Black_Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyInsanaty Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:39 pm

Oh alright. I just looked at the basic application and it didn't say to describe a scene "In pain" but if that's what you want I have no problem putting in what you asked. But as for my skin: When I tried to put in a link it said I couldn't do it for 7 days. All one must do is go on Planet Minecraft and look up "Doctor Legan" to find my skin.

My character did show some emotion, so I'm wondering if you can give me an example of what you want me to change. Otherwise I'm not really understanding what you are asking.

DeadlyInsanaty

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyInsanaty Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:39 pm

Alright I think this should be more to your liking.

DeadlyInsanaty

Back to top Go down

Post  Black_Doom Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:41 pm

ACCEPTED
Black_Doom
Black_Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  Black_Doom Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:09 pm

Sorry about that I needed to whitelist you and it had slipped my mind till you tried to log in. You have been put on the whitelist now.
Black_Doom
Black_Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down