Ruined World II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theory of Multiple Intelligences

3 posters

Go down

Theory of Multiple Intelligences Empty Theory of Multiple Intelligences

Post  joe514981 Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:40 am

I've found it rather boring that some races are simply listed with the advantage of "Having a good intellect" when in reality intellect is a hard thing to define. Howard Gardner proposed a theory that intelligence isn't simply an up or down scale, but a whole spectrum of different specialtites and as such i'd like to propose some possible advantages to several races.

Valoshans- Their defined currently as being "Stupid" It'd make more sense for them to be bodiliy-kinetic learners, athletes for example excel at having a keen sense of timing, and being able to hone responses into reflexes. In this sense It'd make sense that the valoshans would say on average be quicker with a firearm, be able to dodge things faster (( Such as having a rock thrown at them.)). However, They'd be unable to specialize in many higher sciences, valoshans unable to grasp the higher workings of most hard sciences, such as chemistry, biology, geology, genetics, Etc. (( Not to mention having their eyes on the side of their head wouldn't really cause a blind spot, what it WOULD cause is decreased depth perception.. which would impair the aiming and firing of firearms accurately.))

Drakmura.- Drakmura have been defined as having linguistic tendencies and being able to reason in a practical manner, as such it'd be reasonable that they'd have a speciality for learning new languages, and soft sciences. Perhaps a Drakmura would have the ability to more easiliy grasp new languages or dialects and with the ability to more quickly master "Soft Fields" such as sociology, psychology, Literary Analaysis and so forth. While being reasonably stunted in developing muscle memory due to their frail form, and generally stunted in their ability to excell in hard sciences with ease. Perhaps they could also have an aptitude for tactics and the like?

Herboxtian- The Herboxtian's could posses a keen intellect for harder sciences and mathmatics, perhaps the herboxtians would have the ability to grasp computing, math, physics and other so called "Hard Sciences" while lacking the ability to excell easiliy in other fields. Perhaps they could also posses enhanced spatial ability, making it easier for them to gauge distances between things and hit targets?

Human- Perhaps human's could be general all rounders? While they wouldn't be able to excell in any field in particular, they wouldn't be at a disadvantage in any particular areas, which I believe would fit in nicely with what the idea of what the human race should posses.

Last edited by joe514981 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total

joe514981

Back to top Go down

Theory of Multiple Intelligences Empty Re: Theory of Multiple Intelligences

Post  Catan_Bruce Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:51 am

I totaly agree - i have no exstra comment, i wish i had but.. totaly agrre

Catan_Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueScope Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:16 pm

I agree, to a degree. In an indeal world, we could completely remove any OOC from our characters, but this is simply not the case. Adding another degree of complexity to the intelligance aspect of your character would be nice, but it is hard to make players do it.

On a simple up/down scale, there is a clear difference between stupid and smart. In addition to this, people are smart in thier respective fields, taking for instance, myself. I am pretty darn good at genetics, and medical related machinery, but I couldn't build you a satellite, no matter how smart I am. Even someone with medicore intelligence, but highly specialized abilities in engineering would be able to do what I cannot.
BlueScope
BlueScope

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum