Ruined World II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe51498's Application

2 posters

Go down

Joe51498's Application Empty Joe51498's Application

Post  joe514981 Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:11 pm

Out of Character
MineCraft account name: joe51498
Country of Residence and Time Zone: USA, EST.
Define roleplaying in your own words, do you have any past roleplaying experiences? Roleplay is just a group designed narrative, and I've RP'd on a few servers before.
What is your reason for applying to this server? I've been looking for a decent RP Server for a while now.
Have you been banned before, if so why? Haven't been banned to my knoweldge.
Do you agree with our rules? Yes, Fuck yo shit I got a mustache.
Will you use the server's official texture pack? Yes.

In Character
Character name: (Last names aren't required) Doctor Grata
What is your character's race?: Human
Your character's story so far: (( I'd like to keep the majority of his backstory fluid, So this line will just be a -very- brief summary.)) Both of his parents were physicians, As very few other career options being available to him he began training as a trauma surgeon. Due to his families archives of medical textbooks and literature they salvaged over the years, the young doctor to be became quite well read. He worked out of his family's small clinic out in the wastes for several years, by Doctor Grata's 35th birthday he set out to wander the wastes, hoping to find a place where his medical knoweldge would be more useful. The doctor came upon a small communties on the shores of a great lake, the man was welcomed with open arms into the town, the doctor soon established a small medical practice in town, with acess to the town's archives he managed to expand his knoweldge of pharmacology and general medical procedure a fair bit. However, The doctor often feuded with the son of the town's mayor often having squabbles about how to better allocate medicinal supplies and the like, on one fateful evening roughly 11 years after he had arrived at the clinic the mayor's son was admitted, having suffered stab wounds to his abodmen and thorax. While the mayor's son soon pasted on, the townspeople believed the doctor had intentionally neglected treating him and as such he was sent out in the wastes once more, nothing but a knife on his hip and the wind at his back to accompany him.
Does or did your character have any companions or family? He's an only child and hasn't spoken to his parents in a while, so they can safely be presumed to have died of old age.
How old is your character? 48 Or so.
Describe what your character looks like, any distinctive physical features? He's swaddled in a hodge-podge of linen rags and leather scraps to constitute his "Outfit" other then that he's got greying hair a doctor's bag slung over his shoulder and a pair of thick-soled leather boots for trudging the wastes.
How does your character act? He's usually quite snarky when he's not working, other then that he's got a fairly utilitarian moral system in that he believes in the greatest good for the greatest number.
Character's occupation: Trauma surgeon
Does your character have an education?

(Read or write) He's been given a proper education by way of his medical training and he's naturally able to read and write.
Any special skills
that your character has, nothing unbalanced: He's a trauma surgeon, So while that's his speciality he's also quite able to perform general surgery, that and he's handy with a pistol, but that comes commonplace when living in the wastes.

He's not fond of raiders, But he dosen't have any real debilitating phobia's.

Describe an example of your character in great suffering and pain (RP): The doctor sat slumped against the wall of an ancient decaying building, two dead raiders sat infront of him, the raiders managing to cut a nasty gash across the doctor's left eye, the wound extending a fair bit farther down to the man's cheek. The man hurriedly searched through his bag for his equipment as blood gushed from the wound, Doctor grata struggling to keep his arm steady as he poured a signifigant amount of rubbing alcohol onto a woolen rag and applied it to the gash under his eye, the man pulling out a needle and thread and small miror, propping the miror up against one of the corpses of the raiders to be able to better suture his wound, the doctor eventually suceeding as his breathing stablized, the man smiled to himself as he passed out against the wall of the building, the muzzle of his gun poking out of his doctor's bag.
Provide an image of your character's skin: www . minecraft ...8/desert -rogue (( I use a modified verision of that skin, Forums wouldn't let me post a link, so if you want to use it just remove the spaces.))

Edit: I wouldn't call it a plot hole, more of a timeskip really. As a plothole is defined as a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot, or constitutes a blatant omission of relevant information regarding the plot. These include such things as unlikely behaviour or actions of characters, illogical or impossible events, events happening for no apparent reason, or statements/events that contradict earlier events in the storyline. Doctor Grata's backstory does no such thing, a shorter less eventful period in his backstory simply isn't listed.

Last edited by joe514981 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:58 pm; edited 3 times in total

joe514981

Back to top Go down

Joe51498's Application Empty Re: Joe51498's Application

Post  Black_Doom Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:26 pm

joe514981 wrote:
MineCraft account name: joe51498

Character name: (Last names aren't required) Doctor Grata

- *Snicker* *Snack* this is how I cut my apps -

Alright Giving a nice read on the story of your character but then I spotted a part where something did not make sense in it. (proves that I do read for the quality and flow but I enjoy what I do) You told that your character had set out on his journey alone at the age of 35, then you tell that your character is now currently 48 years old. That is quite a jump of 13 years, though I am sure there would be certain experiences that would have certain notice on your character. Like how he is advancing in his medical practices, his engagement with people of the wastes, and/or conflicts that he has faced. A character that you want to become should not have plot holes, I'm sure that this will not be a problem for you that you can fix.

You RP example is good though I would like that you can extend it. Though you make it quite easy on how to. Include a detailed scenario where you had dealt with the raiders that had assaulted you. Also if you could include a use of vocals that you and the raiders might exchange.

One more time back to the grid, but you are almost there to the gates, for now though....

DENIED
Black_Doom
Black_Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  Black_Doom Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:16 pm

Alright looks like you are ready now, so I will stop now from busting your balls anymore and let you on. Just remember to follow the rules and RP and have fun while doing it. We created and manage this world for you peoplecause we love it and that we are hell bent against our will to do so...

ACCEPTED
Black_Doom
Black_Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down